Zahir's Convoluted Little World

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Home for the Holidays

I got back to NY on Thursday night for winter break. The drive up this time was far easier, largely because I had company this time. My friend Elaine and I drove up together, and having company in the car made it seem far shorter and more tolerable than the lonely solo drive.

So now that I'm at home, what am I doing? I'm being quite possibly the most useless human being on the planet. I havn't left my house today, and have quite enjoyed the 5000 calories a day I'm consuming as part of my mom's "welcome the kids home" hourly feasts. There enough food in my house to feed Somalia, yet my mom persists on continuing to cook. Parents rock!

It's hard to belive that Christmas is tomorrow. Since my family doesn't celebrate Christmas, it doesn't matter in the least. But nonetheless, culturally, the entire nation and consumer world builds up to this holiday. To me and my family, it's yet another day to hang around and be lazy together. Few people know this, but December is also known as "National Jews go to the Movies and get Chinese Food Day."

One of the things I love about Christmas is the TBS marathon of "A Christmas Story." It's a modern day classic. It's officially in the classic's category because some mobile phone company spoofed it for it's commercials. Even better, I got a t-shirt a few weeks back featuring Ralphie's face and the words, "you'll shoot your eye out!" Love it. It's good to be home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home