Zahir's Convoluted Little World

Thursday, June 03, 2004

Unemployment in Full Swing

While browsing the web the other day, I came across this link to a site with pictures taken in Iraq, probably by soldiers serving in combat. They're a far cry from the garbage Fox news and all the other tv networks like to broadcast, trying to show everyone that everything is hunky dory over in land of dreams. Well, it's not a nice dream, it's quite nightmarish. So those burned children are what they mean when they say 'collateral damage' and 'civilian casualties.' Luckily we found all those weapons of mass destruction so the terrorist can't get them, and established a pro-American democracy so the entire region can turn toward a brighter future... oh wait.

Other than that, it looks like Michael Moore released the trailer for Farenheit 911. I have mixed feelings about Moore. I enjoy his work, but I don't necessarily agree with him all of the time. Bowling for Columbine was wonderful in commentating on the culture of fear in America, but then went overboard and became mindless and petty. I hope he doesn't do the same thing in this movie. It looks like a typical Michael Moore documentary from the looks of it. In the end, Moore is just trying to protect the little guy.

Well, I went with my family earlier this week to see our friends newborn baby. She's so tiny and adorable. Her 3 year old sister was being very playful though. She had a little hair brush and insisted on giving me a new hairstyle. She was insistent that I would look like Shahrukh Khan when she was done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home